Thursday, October 2, 2008

New to this, so please bear with me...

Hi - My name is Marli and I'm married to an alcoholic. Actually, he is in one of his recovery phases at the moment. I say this because recently my husband "slipped" and had a drink. He doesn't admit to this of course, but I have been dealing with this long enough to know the signs and to detect the ever so faint odor of alcohol that permeates from his pores when he does slip. As far as I can figure, he has had 2, maybe 3 of those in the past month. It is far cry from 6 years ago when he drank from morning until night, but I refuse to think of any slip, however small, as acceptable.

I have been through so much because of my husband's drinking. I'm sure the stories I may disclose sound much like yours. I often feel so isolated and alone - even though I know I am not - so I am reaching out to anyone who is interested in "listening" to me and sharing their stories with me. I have a lot in me that I have never shared with anyone all these years, so please bear with me if I get a bit emotional at times. It's been rough and I have a lot to release here. My hope is that by venting here, and getting in touch with others, I can start to heal myself. It's late, so I will stop here tonight. I welcome your comments and wish you well...

No comments: